Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jean Grey from X-files...

Big surprise here: my weekend was fantastic again.

First off was dinner on Friday. Willi made chicken tacos for my parents and they loved them. I did too. They were delicious...but don't ask me if they're better than my mothers...they're both delicious...I can not compare the two. My mom and I gave him a hard time about not having read Dr. Suess books. After we were done at my parents we drove out to Scandia in Rohnert Park and played Mini Golf...and air hockey, skee ball, and video games of course. They closed earlier than the website said though so we didn't get to stay as long as planned unfortunately...because I was on my way to kicking his ass at air hockey ;) We came back to yountville and went to the bar and I saw Eric Camera. Spoke to him for a moment which was nice because I haven't seen him in FOREVER. but it was quick and somewhat awkward feeling. oh well, I don't care. If that's how his friends are going to be, that's how they're going to be. We enjoyed the rest of our night and stayed up far too late considering we were supposed to wake up "early".

Saturday was wondercon!! We left the house late and hit some traffic on the way there and subsequently missed the Watchmen panel-but we would have had to get there super fucking early to even get into the panel anyways...I'm not too upset about it. The movie comes out on Friday. I'm reading the book finally. Anyways, back to wondercon...we met up with Kamecia and Kyle and I think he liked them a lot, but I mean honestly- what's not to like? heh. Saw some interesting folks, like the 6 foot 4 tranny dressed as Jean Grey. We made fun of Willi for not knowing things because we're geeks. We watched the Star Trek panel and I was STOKED to see Zachary Quinto...I love him so much. I'm not Trek fan...but I must say that movie looks incredible. We had to leave early because of Don's housewarming party. I would have liked to have stayed longer, but oh well. I had a good time for the few hours we were there. Don's party was nice, Nick, however, did not show up and I was pretty disappointed about that. We stopped at Scandia on our way back into town and played some more air hockey and I was obviously having an off day and lost every single game. lol. We then had dinner at Zuzu's which was pretty good. He made me try some fish. I ate the whole thing, it was actually somewhat tasty. As much as I enjoyed the food, I wish we had sat in Melissa's section because our service was pretty terrible...The dessert Melissa sent us was fantastic. When we finally got home I was pooped. The day was so long. I passed out pretty quickly.

Today was a super lazy day. After I got home I took a nap for like 3 hours...it was awesome. And I even got a tid bit of homework done. :)



1 comment:

saya said...

omg. I wish you guys would've been in my section too. your server is a nice girl but doesn't give a fuck and is a terrible server.

I tried to get to your table as much as I could... I was really busy. I hope you enjoyed your dinner anyway.

next time... request me. MUCH better.