Wednesday, April 15, 2009

it's been a while...

I haven't posted in a while...in case any of you faithful readers are curious, life is still wonderful. :)

work is lame, school is lame, but everything outside of that is great. willi is amazing. we don't have to directly deal with stupid drama anymore and I've taken measures to cut certain people out of my life that were causes of said drama. And I must say, it feels wonderful. I'm sorry that Willi still deals with these people on a day to day basis, but hopefully it's not as bad anymore.

The baby shower is rapidly approaching, but I think Nicole (the new MRS. BLAZER!!) and I have a pretty good handle on it. The location has yet to be set, but it's one of two places so we'll figure it out soon. We will be sending invites/e-vites soon. I think it will be a lot of fun, and super cute! I'm very much so looking forward to make the cupcakes with Nicole. :)

I was definitely sad to miss Nicole's wedding but I felt reassured of my decision when I found out all the trash talking that took place amongst a few folks when I left the shower. And I know Nick and Nicole were sad, but at the same time I know they understood why I didn't go. I feel like everyone in the bridal party was able to have a better time with me not being there. I'm hoping that we won't have to deal with the same drama when it comes to Kamecia's baby shower (and wedding for that matter!)

On a somewhat related note I just wanted to state this for a final time in new words... I am extremely happy with where I am in life, who I am in love with, and who I am friends with. If you're not accepting of this, that's fine. If you want to go and say one thing to my face and a completely different thing to everyone else, then do NOT consider yourself to be one of my friends, and don't be surprised when I cut you out of my life. We're all grown ups and I'm done with the drama. If that means that I can count my friends on less than two hands, then so be it, at least I know that those people are going to love and support me through thick and thin. I know who those people are now, and I could not be more thankful of them.

2 comments:

saya said...

smart girl... prune the hedges

Kamecia said...

You're learning the tough lessons earlier than I did, and that's awesome. There's no reason to keep anyone in your life who causes unhappiness.

And if there's any fear of drama at my shower or anything to do with my wedding, the others can just stay home or we'll kick 'em all out.