Wednesday, April 22, 2009

smash smash smash!

This week at work I feel like I'm going insane. Don is gone and both the copy department and mail department are all on me. I think I'm doing quite well honestly, but it's a lot to keep up with. Monday was the day from hell though, every machine I touched broke it seemed like. The service tech for the big copier had to come out and I had to call the service tech for the inserter to walk me through how to fix that machine too. it was a LONG day. Tuesday was super long and the color copier kept jamming because one of the CSR's needed a double sided piece on 88lb stock...I realize most of you don't know what that means...but just know that it's a HEAVY card stock and that machine does NOT like to run it...especially not double sided. So for the 150 sheets of that I had to run, I stopped to unjam the machine every 2-4 pieces. I wanted to take that machine outside and "office space" it...yeah...you know what i mean. However I feel that way about almost every piece of equipment in that building. There has been so much shit to do it's crazy. If it was in the hands of 2 people, like normal, it would be slow probably...but I'm the only one and I've got a lot on my plate. However, both John (co-owner) and Ed (production manager) have told me multiple times that I'm doing a great job and they tease that they don't need to bring Don back...so I guess that's a good sign. So tell me then, where's the raise?? I learned Copy in 3 weeks and am flying solo this week...I think I deserve a little extra somethin somethin! hahaha. At least I've been getting full hours this week. that's a nice change.

I made Willi some carrot cupcakes last night. They taste good...but I think they could have been better. Definitely needed to be more moist...must adjust recipe. And my frosting didn't taste cream cheesey enough. There will be another attempt soon. But first I must make a cake for my Grandparent's 50th Anniversary bbq my dad is throwing this weekend. Not sure how to decorate it yet. my grandma is very traditional so I can't make it all cutesy and shit...so I'll think of something. Bleh...it also means family time with my dad's side of the family. don't get me wrong, I love my family-they're family...I am just more excited to spend time with the other side...or at least half of the other side. lol. I was more a fan of the family when I was the youngest cousin...kids...bleh. well I guess they're not all "kids" anymore...but they're all under 16 and in my book, that makes you a kid. Willi will be there with me for a while before he goes into to work though.

This week is wearing me out...I need a good weekend. Maybe go see a movie Friday night...

2 comments:

Kamecia said...

You're too nice... forced time with extended family is terrible.

I'll send some thoughts of a raise out into the universe for you.

Miss Michelle said...

oh please do!! i would LOVE the extra money. :)